Preserved by Purpose –The Munroe Doctrine
by Shewanda Riley
The vision must live on even if you die. ~ Dr Myles E Munroe
The world was recently shocked by the tragic death of well-known pastor and author Dr. Myles Munroe in a plane crash in the Bahamas. Munroe and 8 others, including his wife of 30 years Ruth, died when the private jet in which they were flying collided with a construction crane just outside of Freeport. A lifelong resident of the island nation, Dr. Munroe impacted the lives of Christians and non-Christians with his powerful teachings about purpose, leadership and maximizing God-given potential.
He came to Dallas a number of times for speaking engagements over the last couple of decades. I was blessed to see him at Hillcrest Church at an event for singles where he was a model of an engaging teacher and mesmerizing prophetic voice of transformation. In honor of Dr. Munroe’s life, I’d like to share some quotes from some of his most popular books. God rest his soul and the souls of the other plane crash victims. May his legacy continue to touch and transform.
Quotes from Maximizing Your Potential
- Man is like an onion. His potential is exposed one layer at a time until all he is, is known by all.
- True success is not a project but a journey.
- Remember, you will never change anything thing that you are willing to tolerate.
- Mediocrity accepts the norm, pleases the crowd, and does what it can get by with. Maximum living pushes the norm, pleases God, and sets the standard for excellence.
- A truly single person is one who is complete physically, emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually without dependence upon anyone else.
- Don’t ever become so preoccupied by who you want that you forget to be who you are.
- The highest manifestation of true leadership is to identify one’s replacement and to begin mentoring him or her.
- If your vision dies with you, you failed.
- When God looks at you, He sees things everybody else ignores.
- If you want to succeed, strike out on new paths. Don’t travel the worn paths of accepted success.
Other Quotes by Dr. Munroe
- A seed, until it is released, is only a promise of a tree.
- Vision is personal but never private.
- Praise must be learned in private before it is exhibited in public.
- Vision is always greater than the visionary.
- Keep your head and your heart going in the right direction, and you will not have to worry about your feet.
- The term Christian was never to be a title nor label that we wore, but a lifestyle that we lived demonstrating the nature of “Christ-likeness.”
- Don’t die without using your full potential. The greatest threat to progress is your last successful accomplishment.
- Your faith is only as strong as the tests it survives. How strong are you? Strength must be tested before it can be considered reliable.
Quotes from – http://blessed365.hubpages.com/hub/Myles-Munroe-Quotes